Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas, Writing, & Getting Ready for New Year's

I've survived Christmas with relatively little damage. Got Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and underwear (of course) with some other things. Played a tiny bit of Oblivion, but found a renewed interest in Toy Soldiers.

I'm a bit surprised that I'm getting increasingly interested in completing the rewrite of my Hangman series, which served as my NaNoWriMo 2011 project. I think that I'm going to need to buy a lot of spiral bound notebooks next fall, but I think that we've got enough for my writing habits at home. I'll see about putting some parts of what I'm working on in future posts.

New Year's Day brings a new year (obviously), but it also brings new chances for excitement. I've already created my 2012 writing spreadsheet. I'm hoping to put some more time in with the Old Weather Project in Zooniverse, and it's getting easier to read cursive writing and more interesting now that it's more wartime. The ship I'm working on right now is the H.M.S. Ebro, an armed merchant cruiser in WWI, doing patrols in the Northern Atlantic. It's sort of funny when you read "Serviced abandon ship siren" written in the logs.

No comments:

Post a Comment